Dynamic Product Price Calculator For Magento 2
- More Details
- How it works
- User Guide
- Contact us
Have you ever came across a situation when you think that the product price should be dynamic and it can only be decided on the basis of some measurement units? This can be one of your core requirement if you deal with fabric, wires, tiles & flooring, blinds, curtains, frames, fencing, ropes, etc. Our Dynamic Product Price Calculator Extension offers a top-notch solution to calculate the price based on a variety of measurement units.
The extension fabulously supports the fundamental units like Meter, Foot, Inch, Centimetre, and Millimetre. We have framed this extension in such a way that it is very easy for the admin to manage the area calculation process for every product.
- Custom formula: Admin can set the custom price formula to calculate the values entered by the user. For ex., (length*width)+depth
- Price per unit: Admin can set the price per unit which will be multiplied with the calculated area.
- Area or volume: Admin can select whether to make the calculations for the area or volume. The relevant label will be shown on the front-end.
- Different input and output units:The admin can select the units from Centimetre, Millimetre, Foot, Inch, Metre. If the input and output units are different, then the conversion of the values will be done automatically.
- A) Input unit: Select the unit in which you want the users to enter the value.
- B) Output unit: Select the unit in which the output (calculated area/volume) should be displayed to the customer.
- Dynamic discount: The admin can set the different levels of the discount depending on the area calculated. There can be an unlimited number of tiers and the discount can be a fixed value or percentage value. For e.g.:
- A) Row 1: Calculated size range 20-50, the discount is 10%
- B) Row 2: Calculated size range 50-80, the discount is 25%
- Managing the dynamic custom options: There are three ways to create dynamic custom options. The admin has to add the SKU of this type of custom options in building the formula. After that, it can work to update price dynamically.
- A) New type of custom option ‘Price calculate’:The extension creates a new type of custom option namely ‘Price calculate’. The user can enter the values in it and the price will get updated dynamically.
- B) The default type of custom option ‘Drop-down’: The admin can use the drop-down type of custom option to update the price dynamically. Here the user will not be able to enter the values, but can select the options offered by the admin.
- C) The default type of custom option ‘Radio button’: The admin can use the radio button type of custom option to update the price dynamically. Here the user will not be able to enter the values, but can select the options offered by the admin.
- Set minimum and maximum values in custom options: The admin can set the minimum and maximum value in the 'Price calculate' type custom option so that the input given by the customer can be validated.
- Set default values in custom options: The admin can set the default value for the 'Price calculate' type custom options so that the user can see some values automatically while visiting the product.
- Display or hide some calculations as per your preference: The admin can select whether to display the calculated area/volume, base price and discounted price on the front-end or not. The admin can hide or show these portions as per the requirement from the configuration settings.
- Automatic conversion between input and output units: If the admin has set different units for the input value and the output value, the conversion of the values will be done automatically by the extension and hence no extra efforts are needed.
- Supports multi-website and multi-store: The extension flexibly supports the multi-website and multi-store setup of the Magento 2 store, so the admin can use the extension in different scopes as per the requirement.
- Covers the back-end order functionality: The extension supports the back-end order functionality also. So when the admin creates order from the back-end, the price gets updated dynamically.
The extension introduces a new type of custom option named as 'price calculate.' You can create the custom options with this type, and the price calculator will work on it.
You can use the other default custom options of the Magento as it is along with the price calculator type custom options.
This is the core part of the extension, and so, the admin has the privilege to construct the calculation formula depending on his requirement.
The admin has to create the custom options with the 'price calculate' typeset in it. Then using the SKU of these custom options, he can construct the formula for price calculation.
The price calculator will work with Drop Down or Radio button type of custom option. You need to use the SKU of this options in constructing the formula.