Table of Contents
The Return Merchandise Authorization in Odoo or RMA in Odoo is an app that lets you manage product returns. To use the app, please refer the steps below:
1) After successful installation of ‘RMA in Odoo’ app, navigate to Sales app in Odoo where user can see the ‘After Sale Services’ menu. It has two options ‘RMA’ and ‘RMA Reasons’.
2) In configuring ‘RMA Reasons’, user can create the predefined reasons for product return with its suitable action to be taken. It is very important to set the maximum combinations of Reasons & Actions to avoid errors during RMA validations.
For eg. when you set ‘Need to Repair’ reason against ‘Repair’ action, it should follow the same combination during entering reasons and actions in RMA Lines by admin user. If there is mismatch in the combination, Odoo will not be able to process any actions for that particular RMA Request.
3) In ‘RMA’, the user can create a new return request with two approaches.
4) Now when user clicks on ‘Create’ button, a new RMA form will open. Here many fields are mandatory to fill in order to carry out RMA systematically. Refer the more details mentioned below.
Approval & Rejection
5)After saving the new RMA, a responsible user can see the two buttons ‘Approve’ and ‘Reject’. If required, user can also edit the new RMA from here.
6) In case of Approval, all details entered while creating new RMA will be shown. You can further Send RMA by Mail, Set it to Draft or Edit it.
7) Once RMA is approved, the Receipt is generated. Once this Receipt is validated, the ‘return quantity’ field will automatically set and admin user can set associated action related to ‘RMA reason’.
8) In case of Rejection, enter the Reject Reason when rejecting the product return. It is saved automatically for future use.
9) User can see the rejected claim with its reason it entered.
Scenarios of RMA
10) Now, we will discuss the three most common scenario of RMA. Replace, Repair & Refund.
There will be two scenarios for replacement process.
Note: If you entered reason ‘Need to Replace’ and selected action is ‘Replace’, then same combination should be configured in advance in RMA Reasons.
Note: Sales Order is generated because user will be shipping new product.
When repair action is prompted, the system will generate Receipt of returned product & Delivery Order of newly repaired product.
Note: When you select reason ‘Need to Repair’ and select action ‘Repair’, then same combination should be configured in advance in RMA Reasons.
When Refund process is prompted, the system will generate Receipt of returned product & Credit Note. All the details of refund will be mentioned in Credit Note.
Note: If you entered reason Damaged Product - Refund and selected action is Refund, then same combination should be configured in advance in RMA Reasons.
Remarks: When carrying out RMA process further, the combination of Return Reason & Action selected for product should match the same combination of reasons & its action configured in RMA Reasons section. If it don’t match, no action will be placed by Odoo.
Now, user can successfully close the RMA of customer.
Delivery Orders in RMA
11) The user can view the RMA in ‘Delivery Order’ of that particular sale order under ‘Claims’.
12) Also, user can directly create RMA from Delivery Order section against that particular sales order by clicking on ‘Claims’.
13) Print the daily RMA Report from Return Order. In Action drop-down menu, click on RMA Report and a user can get the PDF file format for print or email purpose.