Table of Contents
As an innovative parcel service provider DPD Cloud offers practical and responsible operations, making uncomplicated and flexible solutions available to your customers. It has speciality make deliveries in inner-city areas. With the DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector app, you can perform all the operations of DPD Cloud backend directly from Odoo to suit your customers’ needs as well as the size of your business. It has rapidly grown into a global brand, recognized for its customized services and innovative products.
Let’s explore its salient features & functionalities in brief.
After successfully downloading the DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector App from Odoo store or Emipro shop, place it on the Odoo Addons path or at any other desired path. Now, restart the Odoo instance and navigate to Apps in the dashboard. Click on Update Apps List from the menu. Once it completes loading successfully, DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector will be visible in Apps.
Click on the Install button. Success! Now, you are ready to use the DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector in your Odoo.
Setting up the Shipping Instance for DPD Cloud
You can create a new instance for each shipping service provider where all details related to shipping provider & API can be configured. In addition, you can retrieve the list of shipping services from the particular shipping provider (for eg. DPD Cloud) & download the in-depth shipping report from that particular instance.
1) After successfully installing the app, go to Sales / Configuration / Shipping Provider and click on it. A new window will pop-up in which you can find all the preconfigured shipping instances or from here you can create the new one.
Note: You can also find this option from the menu Inventory/Configuration/Shipping Integration/Shipping Provider. There can be a scenario when all the user may not have rights to access either Sales or Inventory App in Odoo. To keep them updated on each product operations, Shipping Provider option is accessible in both the Menus.
Setup DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector
2) Now, to setup and configure a new shipping instance, click on ‘Create’ button. A new screen will open in which you can set various parameters to smoothly integrate DPD Cloud with Odoo. It is discussed below in brief.
Other than these configurations, Cloud UserID/Customer ID, User Token/Customer Password, Partner Name & Partner Token will be provided by the DPD Cloud support team when you register with DPD Cloud Shipping. Enter the same details in the Credential tab.
For API URL, enter the link mentioned below for respective environment.
Retrieving Services from DPD Cloud
3) After entering all the credential, you will get all the services from shipping provider i.e. DPD Cloud. Click on ‘Retrieve Services’ button and a new popup will open. Here, it will retrieve services based on default company address.
Now, if you want to retrieve services for other location to where you want to ship the product to recipient, check the box ‘Use To Address Different’ and enter the particular location details. It will fetch the list of services which are applicable to that location only.
4) Once, all the services are retrieved, a success message will be displayed. You can see it on Shipping Services tab along with the individual services code.
Here, you can directly configure Delivery Methods by clicking on ‘+’ button beside service name. It will redirect to Delivery Method screen which will be discussed in very next point.
Create & Configure Delivery Methods for DPD Cloud
5) The next step after the retrieval process is setting up the delivery methods. This configuration is the most important in order to run shipping services smoothly. Although, there is one way to configure the Delivery Methods which we discussed in above point. Here is the second way to configure the same. Go to Sales / Configuration / Delivery Methods and click on Create button. A new window will open in which you need to configure the certain parameters as mentioned below.
In this tab, enter the price of shipment based on DPD Cloud Pricing rule you selected above. If you have selected DPD Cloud Fixed Price option, simply enter the figure of shipping price and it remains static for all shipments you carry out.
If you have selected DPD Cloud Based on Rules option, you see the Add a line link in this tab. Click on it and a formula pop-up will open. You are required to enter the values for all the fields given in the pop-up and your shipping price will be calculated based on this formula for every shipment you ship.
Note: The standard Weight UoM for DPD Cloud is KG(S). No other Weight UoM is acceptable.
Destination Availability tab
Note: This functionality is applicable for Odoo Website only.
Get Rate & Apply Delivery Cost to Sale Order
6) Now, when the Delivery Methods is configured successfully, you can see it while creating Sales Order. Enter all the required information and create Sale Order. While creating Sale Order, when you come across Delivery Methods, select any one from the options which are configured for eg. DPD Cloud Express. It will show two buttons ‘Get Rate’ and ‘Add to Order’.￼
Click on Get Rate and you will get the shipping rates based on the rules you selected while configuring DPD Cloud’s Delivery Method.
If you want to add the fetched shipping rates to the order lines of Sales Order, click on Add to Order button. In the end, you will get the grand total figure of products & its shipping rate. Now, process this Sale Order to generate Delivery Order which will be the final stage to ship the products successfully with DPD Cloud.
DPD Cloud Delivery Method in Odoo Website
7) In the case of Odoo Website, when a customer places the order, at delivery method section, they can see the option of DPD Cloud Shipping Service (or any other DPD Cloud services set by you) along with other delivery methods.
8) By selecting the preferred DPD Cloud Service as a shipping method, the shipping price gets automatically fetched based on the rules you selected while configuring DPD Cloud’s Delivery Method. Hence, a customer can see the total figure of an order including shipping charges and can further navigate to the payment page.
Product Packaging method in Delivery Order
9) In certain case, one or more products need to be shipped in the package due to quantity management. Now, while validating Delivery Order, you can see the option ‘Put in Pack’ in below section of window. Click on it to organize multiple packages to be shipped via DPD Cloud.
10) Now, to put the products in multiple packages, you need to enter only that number in Done quantities that need to be packed. For eg. out of 10 pc., a user needs to pack only 2 pc. in the first pack, then the number entered in Done field should be 2 (and not all the 10). Simultaneously, the user can create multiple packages by setting Done quantities as per the requirement.
All the details of each and every packing can be found from Packages document as shown below. The quantity of product is also mentioned in the product lines of Packages.
11) After setting up the packages, validate the Delivery Order. A user can see all the details of product that will be shipped to the recipient. Now here, in Additional Information tab, the details of Carrier, Tracking Reference, Shipping Cost, Product Weight & Shipping Weight can be found.
Get Shipping Label & Tracking Number
The DPD Cloud labels are generated automatically in attachment section of the same window once Delivery Order is validated. In the case of Packaging, there will be an individual label for each Package. In case, if there is no package for specific product, it will also get label. Download, print & affix it on shipping packages.
Now, you are all set to dispatch the order for customer from Odoo to DPD Cloud.
Additional Info tab
In this tab, you can see the Shipping Cost & Tracking Reference number which can be shared with recipient to track its package. Also, a Tracking button is generated which will redirect the user to DPD Cloud tracking site to show the latest status of shipment.
Track Shipment Status at Odoo Website
12) The tracking number fetched from DPD Cloud will be shown in your admin panel of Odoo Website and for customer it will be in My Account / Order Details when they login. Clicking on that tracking number will redirect to the shipment tracking page of DPD Cloud and the latest shipment status will be shown on its portal.
Batch Picking for DPD Cloud
13) In the case of daily bulk orders on your website or from marketplaces, its management becomes difficult due to manual processing of each from your side. This indeed consumes more time & resources. Hence, to overcome this limitation and manage the bulk orders without much efforts, you can utilize Batch Picking feature in this app.
However, Batch Picking is configured for both of the mode i.e. Automatic & Manual. Now, to configure Batch Picking manually, go to Inventory / Operations / Create Batch Picking and enter the information for Shipping Provider, Start & End Date and Use Existing Batch (if required).
However, Batch Picking can be set in automatic mode by configuring it from Batch Configuration tab and check the box ‘Use Existing Batch Cron Job’ while setting up Delivery Method of shipping provider. Please note that, if you want to add more orders to existing Batch, it must be in draft stage. If that Batch is processed & validated then the new Batch will be created automatically to accommodate new shipping orders.
Batch Configuration Tab
14) Here there are certain parameters to configure batch and operate it more efficiently in order to save time & resources. Let us discuss them in brief:
Batch Responsible: Enter the name of user who will be managing the batch pickings here.
Auto Create Batch: Check this to automatically create batch when there are no batches found in draft stage.
Auto Done Pickings: Check this box to automatically carryout pickings of all shipping orders (of same delivery methods) to DONE stage. No other shipping order is now possible in this batch.
Auto Get Shipping Label: Check this box to automatically get Shipping Label from Shipper after the pickings are done and you send all the shipping orders details to shipper by clicking on ‘Send to Shipper’, which is mentioned later.
Use Existing Batch CronJob: Check this box to add new shipping orders in the existing batch orders only which are in draft stage. If it do not find any batch in orders in draft stage then the new batch order will be created automatically & new shipping order will arrive in it.
Note: Only Shipping Orders of same delivery methods will be fetched for Batch Picking.
15) Moving Forward, when a new Batch will be generated, all the draft Orders are fetched. Now, it’s time to decide whether you want process & validate the Batch or keep it in draft stage. For the Batch in draft stage, you can still add any order to it. On the other hand, if you have processed & validated the Batch Order, any other draft orders will be added to new Batch Order.
Click on Confirm button and your Batch Order is confirmed for further process where it will show the status ‘Ready’ for all the shipping order. At this stage, no new shipping order will be added to this Batch Order.
Next, click on Done button and it will process Delivery Order to ‘Done’ stage for all the shipping order in particular Batch Order.
16) Finally, you can now send the data to shipper by clicking on ‘Send to Shipper’ button. This will process all of your shipping order and share the tracking number of each order in its respective field in order line. Download the shipping labels for all the orders by clicking on ‘Download Labels’ button on top. All the labels will be found in one .zip file. Similarly, you can download the invoices in same manner.
If you want Email the tracking details to your customer, you need to open each shipping order send it to them. Though, it is recommended to enable the ‘Automatic Send Shipment Mail’ while configuring shipping instance to avoid manual sending consuming more time & resources.
However, there can be a scenario where any particular order is not processed due to error in shipping services or any other reason there may be. At this time, the order(s), which are not processed will be in Done stage only. To again validate & process these orders, you need to follow the same procedure after solving the errors. Tracking numbers of all the orders will now be fetched from shipping provider when you click on ‘Send to Shipper’ button again. Also, there will be shipping labels for each orders.
If you are having multi-packages for single shipping order, configure the packaging accordingly first without validating delivery order. It is necessary to configure multi-packaging before you process the batch order else, it will be considered as single package only by respective shipping provider.
DPD Cloud Shipping Label Sample
17) Here is the example of DPD Cloud shipping label that should be affixed on packages.
Detailed Shipping Report
18) Get the summarized shipping report with preferred time periods to get new insights from your business. It can be downloaded from Print option in DPD Cloud shipping instance window.
DPD Cloud is continuously evolving the customer experience to deliver brilliantly simple solutions that make sending and receiving parcels easier and more flexible. Now with DPD Cloud Odoo Shipping Connector App from Emipro, you can save time and money, bringing together your order details, customer information, label printing, and shipment tracking all in one place.
No worries or time-consuming work, just a simple shipping process and your products delivered with happiness. Guaranteed.