Custom Option Inventory for Magento 2
- More Details
- How it works
- User Guide
- Contact us
The functionalities of Magento 2 are advanced enough to facilitate the admin to offer variations in any product. Such a requirement can be fulfilled by creating configurable products in Magento so that the stock can be directly updated from the associated products of the configurable product. But this process becomes quite time consuming as the admin has to create a lot of simple products to relate it with any configurable product.
As a substitute for configurable products, admin can create simple products each having a variety of custom options in it. So now the product stock management which was done by Magento in configurable products can now be done in custom options also.
Custom Option Inventory for Magento 2 extension solves the issue of managing stock in custom options. There is no scope for admin to keep a track of the stock of custom options except doing that manually. This extension automatically manages the stock of the custom options of the product and saves a lot of time and efforts of admin.
With this extension, the customer can enter the quantity for any particular custom option while purchasing the product besides the default quantity of Magento. The admin can specify the stock for the values of the custom options. This stock gets reduced automatically as and when the orders are received with that custom option in it. The customer will hence see the updated stock for every option on the product page.
- Whenever an order is placed, the stock gets updated automatically in the backend.
- Admin can enable the customers to input the number of product/s to be ordered by checking the’Qty. Input’ box.
- Admin can display the number of products in stock for each custom option value in the frontend.
- An error message is displayed whenever a wrong quantity is entered by the user.
- When any product is out of stock, there is an ‘Out of stock’ label displayed near that option and the option becomes unselectable.
- Customers can input the number of quantity for each custom option variant and the final quantity of the product separately.
- Customers can view the stock available for each custom option variant and enter the quantity required accordingly.
Note: The extension is having compatibility issues in Magento version 2.2.8 and 2.3.2 because of Magento core bug in those versions. Click here to read the solution.